I know what you're thinking,
"Another game developer? Yay… more F2P clones that monetize the worst aspects of human nature. We need another one of those like San Francisco needs another car hailing app"
Actually, we invest into technology that will create the next generation of storytellers. We're not pigeon-holed by genre, our internal games range from Sherlock Holmes recreated as a middle school nerd to tall tales of an "Indiana Jones of the Sea”, what they have in common is none of them end in -Ville, -Clans, -Crush, -War, or -Casino.
The question you have to ask yourself is: do you want to work on sweet, sweet tech that enables stories worth telling? Or do you want to slave away on yet another farming simulator, online slot machine, or PvP clone?
You understand that a great product is only as good as the interface that it touches the user with. You're able to create designs that are both serve new users as well as power users. You cannot choose between beauty and function because that would be choosing between having 4 wheels or a steering wheel on your car; both are necessary. You understand that creating interfaces for interactive storytelling will be some of the most challenging of your career but think, "Bring it on!"
Your Responsibilities / Skills
- You will own the final UI design as well as the production art assets (icons, button states, HUDs, etc)
- Take apart competitor flows, design our product flows, and articulating the differences
- Comfortable coming up with wireframes on whiteboards or various mockup software
- Able to turn final mockups into final art assets in Photoshop if necessary
- Intimate understanding of digital reading/writing apps and interactive storytelling tools
- 5+ years of UI design experience
- High level of written and spoken English