Location: San Francisco
Tech Stack: Unity (C#), AWS, Redshift, iOS, Python.
We all know the stereotype of the creative writer. Barista / Uber driver by day but working on scripts by night. Working for years in isolation with no feedback, networking to find agents/influencers, and praying that a publisher will find an audience for them in the rare case they get that one-shot.
FableLabs has built Tales (http://www.talesfiction.com), a platform that allows writers to rapidly pilot episodic stories and iterate off feedback/metrics to improve performance. They can easily add visuals, choices, and persistence. Couple all this with freemium monetization and we've got stories that can be produced for less than the cost of an eBook but with the distribution potential of free-to-play mobile games.
Success shouldn’t be dictated by pure luck or who you know: good stories should rise to the top through talented storytellers... coupled with user data, iteration, modern formats, and effective monetization.
Specialization is for insects, developers at FableLabs will do a little bit of everything. We expect you to have shipped mobile apps and touched a large variety of systems. We're not looking for someone to mentor; we're looking for leaders who can clear the way for their colleagues. Handled server-side scaling challenges? Check. Responsive app clients? Piece of cake. Tools that empower the team? You've lost track of how many things you've built to help others or yourself save time.
- Game Client: Improvements to make the consumer experience more delightful.
- Content Authoring Tools: Tools to add visuals, interactivity, and persistence to stories for professional and amatuer writers.
- Publishing: Develop systems to allow writers to publish, collect insights, improve monetization, and reduce friction for organic distribution.
- 3+ years software development experience with at least 1 working with live service-based mobile apps and Unity3D
- Proficiency with interpreted languages (C#) and/or scripting languages (Python)
- Experience with Git, Amazon AWS, and databases
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Write to us at email@example.com and include either your Linkedin url and/or resume. For bonus points make sure to name some mutual connections that would speak highly of you (here's the Linkedin of the CEO).