Last Updated: May 11, 2017
What We Collect
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Services, to administer your account and to enable members to enjoy and easily navigate the Site. This formation comes in two forms: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information
We define "Personal Information" as information that identifies you or can be used to contact you. Personal Information can include things like your name, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, etc. Since the use of Personal Information is necessary to improving the quality of our Services, we collect that information in a variety of ways:
- Information from Facebook: When you install any of our Services, we may obtain information about you from Facebook. The information we receive from Facebook includes things such as your name, locale, affiliations, friends and gender. Facebook restricts the scope and uses of this information in its Developer Policies (https://developers.facebook.com/policy) and Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms).
- Information from You: You may choose to provide us with information as part of normal gameplay, during the registration process or during general communications with FableLabs. We will collect and record the information you have provided in the course of such usage.
- It is possible you may choose to share additional information about yourself through user generated content. User generated content may be defined as various kinds of content, publicly available, that are produced by end users (for example, wall posts, messages, and actions with others end users). It is possible that the user generated content you choose to provide may contain Personal Information. Please be aware that we cannot guarantee protection for information you make available publicly through things such as comments, wall posts, etc. Additionally, it is likely that user generated content will be disseminated broadly through third parties such as Facebook. Please keep this in mind before sharing any content with us.
- Further, users should be aware that such public data may be harvested by third parties with access to it (such as other users) and we cannot control those third parties use of such information.
- Viral Components: If you refer another user to us, we may collect and retain information you provide to us such as the name and e-mail address of the referred individual.
In addition to Personal Information, we collect a variety of data that could not be used to identify or contact you. Data are used to enhance the quality of our Services and other services. Here are some of the forms of non-personal information we collect:
- Interaction Information: We may collect and retain information relating to your interaction with our Services. For example, we may monitor the length of time you view each story, the number and type of activities you participate in during a particular session, number of taps, your game endings, etc.
- General Use Information: We may also collect general information about your interaction with our Services such as your mobile device's unique ID number, your mobile device's geographic location while the App is actively running, your computer's IP address, technical information about your computer or mobile device, your preferences and settings, referring and exit URLs.
- Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences).
USE OF INFORMATION
Improve Our Services. We may use the information we collect to improve the quality of our Services, facilitate game play as well as offer new features to you. This might include looking at how certain segments of the player-base interact with our product and what areas they may be most interested in seeing more content. We will also use the information to optimize our content by locating bugs in our Services.
- Customization. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- Notifications. We occasionally have a need to reach out to our players. Thankfully, the personal information you provide us with enable us to do that. We may contact you with game-related announcement from time to time. You may opt out of these communications.
- Aggregate Data. Occasionally, Personal Information and non-personal information is more useful when we look at our users' information as a whole to get a better understanding of the general characteristics of our player-base. For example, knowing that 30% of our users are playing from a particular location may be important. We may disclose these general statistics (which will not include information capable of identifying or contacting any particular user) to enhance customer service, tailor the Services to your interests or optimize the Services. By using the Service, you consent to our retaining all the above-described information in anonymous form as long as FableLabs sees fit.
- Viral Components. You may decide to refer a friend to one of our Services. Typically this will be handled through built-in game mechanics that will not involve the transfer of any Personal Information to FableLabs. However, in the event you or a third party does provide us with Personal Information relating to a referral, we will store it to ensure the referral took place information. When you invite new members into your network or send messages through the Service, we collect and maintain on secure servers the information associated with those messages, including email addresses and content.
- Legal Requests and Harm Prevention. We may disclose information pursuant to subpoenas, court orders, or other requests if we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law. We may also share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, to prevent imminent bodily harm, or to protect ourselves and you from people violating the Terms of Service. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, courts or other government entities.
- You understand and agree that we may access, preserve, and disclose any information we may have about you and the contents of your account if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to avoid liability, to comply with legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, or court order, or to protect our rights and property, or that of our affiliates or the public. FableLabs is not required to question or contest the validity of any search warrant, subpoena or other similar governmental request that FableLabs receives.
- We also use non-Personally Identifiable Information and certain technical information about your computer and your access of the Service (including your internet protocol address) in order to operate, maintain and manage the Service.
- FableLabs may disclose information about you to its partners in order to provide the Service, resolve service problems and correct errors in the Service, to communicate with you about the Service, to provide you with advertising and promotional information in connection with the Service, and to enhance your experience on the Service. However, we do not give our partners an independent right to share this information. Due to our contractual obligations with these third parties and the need to share information to deliver and support the Service, we cannot provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of sharing information (whether Personally Identifiable Information or other information) with these third parties.
You may review, update, correct or delete personal information we receive from Facebook by updating that information on your Facebook profile. If you elect to register with us and you would like to review, update, correct or delete that personal information, you may do so by e-mailing us at email@example.com and include sufficient detail in your email so that we may identify you and your profile.
You can terminate your account at any time which will remove your profile and other personal information from view. FableLabs, may keep information about you that is on its system following your termination. Please contact FableLabs to terminate your account or for any other questions about your personal information.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
You may decide to provide us with another person's email address so that person may be invited to play our Services or so that we may facilitate your communication with other people through the Service (such as when you upload an address book). You may also provide us with another person's contact information for purposes of delivering information through Facebook. We use this information to contact and, if necessary, remind that person that he or she has been invited to play our Services or received content through Facebook. All invitees are provided with the option not to receive further invitations from FableLabs. We may disclose such information if required to do so in order to comply with legal process, as described above.
SECURITY OF OUR SITE
We use encryption and authentication tools to protect the security of the information that you share with us. Once we receive your transmission, we will do our best to protect its security on our systems. For example, we protect personal information we gather on a secured server behind a firewall; it is not directly connected to the Internet.
Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to or from our Site, and you do so at your own risk. Accordingly, we disclaim liability for any theft, loss, or interception of or any unauthorized access or damage to any data or communications. By using the site, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks
CHILDREN AND PRIVACY
The Services are not directed to children under the age of 13 years and children under the age of 13 are prohibited from using the Services. We will never request personally identifiable information from anyone whom we know to be under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. By using the Game, you represent and warrant that you are at least 13 years old. If we become aware that a customer is under the age of 13 and has registered without prior verifiable parental consent, we will remove that user's personal information.
We recommend that all minors 13 years and older seek parental consent before sending information about themselves to any individual or over the Internet.
Under California law, California Residents who have an established business relationship with FableLabs or one of its subsidiaries may choose to opt out of FableLabs disclosure of personal information about them to third parties for direct marketing purposes. As detailed above, our policy is not to disclose personal information collected online to a third party for direct marketing purposes without your approval.
If you need any other information, please submit your requests or questions to info [at] fablelabs [dot] com